RE: RE: DaimlerChrysler takeover site

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 00:42:34 EST

Oh boy, here we go again, just like on the Viper and Durango
sites/lists. Someone reads the "BigMopar" site, and since its on the
web, it must be true. Then posts the info from the site to the list, at
which point someone chimes in with "yea, thats right, I heard that too".
Sounds like BigMopar is a disgruntled Chrysler employee who has an axe
to grind. Maybe he's afraid for his job. Who knows, or even cares since
he won't reveal who he is, what his interests are, or where his info
came from. Maybe someone needs to put up a "what a great deal the merger
was" web site (other than MB or Chrysler) and then that can be quoted
here too.

There was no redesign scheduled for the Viper according to the folks
from Team Viper (the guys that talk to the VCA clubs and keep them up to
speed on what is happening) before 2001-2002, and at that point is was
definitely NOT going to be mid-engined, but rather an evolution of the
current chassis. Weight reduction was the major theme, along with
improvements in braking. The 2000 mods were going to be incorporation of
some bits and pieces from the current ACR package, as well as the
introduction of ABS brakes. From a personal perspective, I'd luv to have
the MB V12 in my next Viper rather than a truck V10 pushrod motor that
wheezes like a pig at anything over 5000RPM like is in there now. Sure
it makes things go, but so does driving a screw with a hammer...

Oh yea, and what keen insight about the "misleading stockholder report".
Financial numbers are always reported in the currency of the companies
company of origin. If someone isn't bright enough to realize that they
have to convert DM to US $$s, well, I guess they have no business in any
discussion of company financials.

Smaller companies buy larger ones every day; ain't capitalism grand.
Eaton and co made most of the $$$s out of options, which is a great way
to structure the deal to ensure that the shareholder is looked after. If
the new company tanks, then Eaton and co get less. If it takes off like
a rocket, then Eaton and co make more. Good way to motivate the execs so
things go well. The only relevant issue is did the shareholders (who
approved the deal) get a fair shake. As of last week the new stock was
up nicely.

Craig