Re: little gremlin's in my truck

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 15:14:04 EST

jdsmith4@hotmail.com writes:

<< I've got a little gremlin that showed his ugly face
 however. The ABS and parking brake lights won't go off. I'm thinking
 (hoping) that it's just gotten a little damp. Anyone seen something
 like this before? It's not got any ill effects as far as operations of
 the truck (none evident anyhow), and the comp dosn't show any codes.

Same thing happened to my 95. The ABS and brake lights were going off but no
noticable braking differences and no trouble codes. Couldn't figure it out
until I saw the trailer wiring harness hanging limply under the truck. My 6
month old lab had chewed it in half, and apparentley two or more wires were
touching each other causing the lights to go off. Replaced the last part of
the harness, problem solved. Your problem sounds similar. I'd check all your
wiring starting from the rear lights and working forward. Hope this helps.

Jeff