ABS

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 15:20:05 EST

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 23:51:23 -0800
From: Mike Burgess <mike.burgess@akamail.com>
Subject: DML: 4x4 & Anti lock brakes

Ok you 4x4's out there, I have a ? for you, when on a downslope, on
dirt/gravel, do you have any brakeing problems, with the anti-locks
releaseing the brakes, as you are trying to apply them? I have a
4x2, and will be on some nasty dirt roads this spring, and wonder
if I should pull the ABS fuse, and have "brakes when I want them"
  Any suggestions welcome.
      Mike

I have 2wabs and I have noticed 'drive line lock up' of the rear brakes
under heavy braking in the snow in 4wd. The owner's manual advises about
this. In 2wd this does not happen, the fronts lock and the skid is
straight,abs keeps the rears turning. I can see the problem you might have
with 4wabs and steep terrain.

You might try using your E-brake to locks the rears if that is what you want.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada