Re: MSD ignitons

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 15:27:10 EST

jdsmith4@hotmail.com writes:

<< Those of you who are running the 6a series ignitions, are you running
 the stock coil, a blaster 2 or 3 coil with it? Looks like I'm gonna get
 the ignition, coil, and new wires since I was careless enough to burn
 two of them. DOH!

I'm using the Blaster 3 coil with the MSD 6A and the Magnecor KV85's. This was
a good upgrade for my 95. I got one whole mpg gain (really) and a pretty big
improvement in throttle response as well. Also noticed a small top end power
gain. Remember to open up your plug gap to a .045 or a .05.

I bought all of the above from Magnup Performance, and they included some
great instructions which really made the installation easy. However, if you
want to save about 50 bucks or so you could order it all from Summit, but
you'd have to depend on the instructions supplied with the MSD.

Jeff