Re: Magnum Performance, Houston. TX.

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 16:04:42 EST

In a message dated 1/2/99 10:19:09 AM Central Standard Time,
campybiker@mindspring.com writes:

<< DML'ers,

 Just want to let you folks know that I continue to feel Magnum Performance
 in Houston, TX, is a great place to shop for all your Dodge Dakota
 performance products. For the Magnum Performance customer the performance
 tips are effective

 Here is a hint on the great prices and service that Magnum Performance has
 provided me. Jules provided me with some down to earth performance tips
 for my 1999 Dakota R/T based upon an extensive amount of research and
 development work they are doing there (according to him) and I was able to
 get my Magnecor KV85 wires for under 80 bucks.

 Jules spent the time to answer all my performance questions for my 1999
 Dakota R/T, (but he is super busy as phone must have rang a zillion times)
 and also provided ideas on how to go about getting that extra little bit of
 performance from my truck.

 So DML'ers, you too, may find that building a relationship with the
 company is a great way to get a better running Dakota. I intend to
 continue with jules' Magnum Performance and get my Dakota running like a
 bullet.

I agree, Jules is full of great ideas and knowledge on performance for our
trucks. I can honestly say that everything that I've ever bought from Jules
I've been happy with, and my purchases have done what he said they would do.
Also, I appreciate the fact that he's taken the time to build a business which
caters specifically to our trucks. No one else that I know of even comes close
to the degree of specialization in Magnum motors that is evidenced by Jules.
When you consider all the performance companies that are out there which
specialize in our competition (Mustangs, Chevrolet - Camaros, S-10's, full
size trucks) and their literary followings (Ford-several mustang magazines;
Chevrolet- Chevy Performance mag. and Sport Truck) it makes you feel better to
know that their is someone out there who is taking the time to learn all they
can about your performance potential and how to tap it.

HOWEVER...............

I find that, as a college student, I cannot afford the price of Jules'
knowledge. Also, as a customer, I must say that I do not understand what
exactly is required to receive the discounts he always talks about giving to
some people. You said that he sold you the Magnecors for 80 bucks. I ordered
the MSD 6A, Blaster 3 coil, brass cap and rotor, and the Magnecors form him at
the same time. He charged me 119 dollars for the wires. That 39 dollar
difference could have been used to buy a transmission cooler, or to pay for
two synthetic oil changes, or alot of other things which I need.

I could go on to list how much money that I could have saved here or there
(and actually have at other places), but I don't want to underscore the fact
that what Jules is selling isn't just performance goodies, but knowledge as
well. Once I get out of school and get a good paying job then it will be worth
it to me to deal with Magnum Performance, but not until then.

So ends the sermon.

Jeff