Re: MSD ignitons

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 18:48:13 EST

In a message dated 1/3/99 4:23:22 PM Central Standard Time, Rekker21@aol.com
writes:

<<
 << However, if you
  want to save about 50 bucks or so you could order it all from Summit, but
  you'd have to depend on the instructions supplied with the MSD. >>
 Jeff, what is the difference in the instructions? Does it really matter that
 much?

Depends on how much time you have to spend on the install. The instructions
that come with the MSD are very general. Jules' instructions break down every
connection of every wire especially for a Dak. A friend of mine and I mounted
the box and coil, wired each, and soldered all connections in about two and a
half hours. I'd guess that Jules' instructions saved us anywhere from one to
two hours of figuring out what wire went where and alot of worrying about if
it was right or not. I had to go to school the next day so I was kind of
rushed. We also didn't start until about 4:00 in the evening or so. I'd say
that if you give yourself an entire day (not that you'll need need it) and you
take advantage of the Summit tech line you shouldn't have too much trouble. If
you decide to go this route and have any problems just e-mail me and I'll be
glad to help.

Jeff