TRANS wont re-engage OD

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 23:38:06 EST

I had this happen to me last summer once, on a long trip LA, to
SanFrancisco. I locked out OD going up a grade, and after the
top, it wouldent kick back in. I could get the light on the
dash to go on & off, but the tranny stayed locked out. Even
stopped on the side of the fwy, and coulden't get it to go to
OD. After a shutdown at a gas stop 10 miles later, it was fine.
  It was a hot day, but engine temp seemed fine, and I had no trans
heat lamp . ( inc with traler tow pkg)
 5.2 V8, auto. 44RE ?
Mike

--