over rated chebys / stockland tonneau

From: Geoffrey Gaskin (lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 23:42:28 EST

I may have mentioned this before, but I have been gone for about two
weeks and sick one (never ever drink a fith and a half of
Jagermeitzer...not good) I was reading in 4wheeler mag (?) at wal
mart about the 4x4 contest. The dyno on the 360 was like 195 hp were
as the new "allmight" cheby 5.3 or whatever, listed at 270 hp dynoed
at like 180something. Has anyone else seen this? Is it just me or is
cheby lying about there new more powerful* engines (*compared to
last years model) (read the fine print on their ads somtime!) those
stupid trucks are not fast, I have had no trouble with them yet. I
just couldn't believe that they would lose that much hp in the tranny.
 Any comments??

BTW... Anyone looking for a fiberglass tonneau needs to bypass
stillen and trader and get it factory direct from stockland. I got
the same cover color matched sent to my business for $645, the other
places wanted $695 or more. They have a web site at www.stockland.com
but I called them and one of there techs talked to me about it for
almost 30 minutes... told me everything I wanted to know. I think
that he even has a dak of his own.

==
LilBlakV8Dak@yahoo.com
Crawdaddy@colla.com