Re: Spare tie weight

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 13:28:32 EST

Speaking of spare tire. I replaced the OEM drop tube
for the spare with the locking one. There's NO way
to defeat the lock. You'd have a tough time removing
to cotter pit (clip) that holds in into the winch
part, by putting your hand THROUGH the rim... Even
if you could, you'd have to fit 9" up, plus be able to
work around very tight clip... You might be able to
do it with a LONG screw driver, but you'd have an easier
time just stealing the entire truck and taking if off
elsewhere!!

--

The tube I got has a different style drop down rachet than my '95. So, you would either need to get a '92-96? spare tire lock, or get the '97-99, then purchase the drop down rachet for a '97-99 truck.

Sam '95 SLT '99 RT