Re: Rattle under the Truck (Cat Converter)

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 15:54:31 EST

I had the same problem in my Corvette a while back.  A few chunks of the pre-cats had freed themselves and were running freely through my exhaust (between the pre-cats and the real cat).
The sound was unbearable.  To make a long story short, I used to have three cats, now I just have big headers and Borla.  With regards to the dealer, they shouldn't hassle you about the muffler since it is an after-cat part of the exhaust.  As long as it it not all banged up and dented I don't think they'd have a case.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

SmokinDakota wrote:

 I have noticed a ratttled under my truck. I took a look under and saw two hangers that are supposed to be connected to my Flowmaster hanging freely. I thought this was the problemso I mcgyvered them so they wouldn't be touching the muffler. But it still makes the noise. I went to the exhaust shop were I got the Flowmaster installed and he said the cat was broken. He said take it to dealer under warranty. Well, I looked under my truck at the cat and I can't see anything wrong with it. I didn't get a chance to shake it, since it was too hot. Any ideas? Also, do you think the dealer will give me $hit about the Flowmaster and try and blame it on the exhaust shop? They never touched the cat, I was right there watching them the whole time. And, Should I go with a high flow cat or just another stock one? price difference?Thanks for your time, Steven 2mehttp://www.smokindakota.com