RE: Shutting off & Low RPMs (BAD NEWS - PLEASE READ)

From: Weston-Lewis, Graeme (Graeme.Weston-Lewis@lsil.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 19:54:11 EST

Ben,
 I just had the same problem with my wifes car. Left the car in the
driveway overnight, got down to -15F or so. When she tried to start it, it
fired right up, ran for about 15-20 secs, cuaghed then stopped. tried
again...cough cough splutter ,rev, phew, stop. crank it again and
yayayayayayayay - nothing. I had a feeling it might be frozen fuel lines
and when I looked under the car, the whole back end where the fuel line
exits the tank was at least 6" thick with ice. Fortunatley, I was able to
push the car into our garage (Dak to the rescue!!!) and it started no
problem about 3 hours later. After that incedent, I wen tout and got some
fuel water remover for both the Saturn and the Dak.
Hope your problem is this simple.

Graeme Weston-Lewis
97 CC SLT 4x4 v8