@@JBA group buy from Internet Racer's Supply@@

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 20:03:47 EST

Below is the response that I got from Dennis at Internet Racer's Supply
this evening .

As you can see , the price drops based on how many orders we place between
now and January 15 , 1999 .

Yes , the price is a bit more than the under $400 for the works before ,
but they have had a price increase .

Still , all we have to do is generate 10 orders to get them for a total of
$456.95 for the Stainless Steel shorty headers including the Ceramic
Coating . This price does include shipping as well .

Based on the fact that we had over 30 orders before , I am guessing that
after we hit the 10-15 order range that they may even be willing to go
deeper , but I have no real idea .

So here it is .

Remember that this is only going on until 1/15/98 !!

Call Dennis at Internet Racer's Supply !!

I have replied to Dennis to ask how the orders will be processed so that
all of us can get the same best price possible . For instance , if the
first 9 guys order them at a higher price , but we end up putting in more
than 10 orders , I would want the other 9 guys to get the better deal as
well .

This is an open deal to anyone , as long as they talk to Dennis and let him
know that you heard it from the DML (Dakota Mailing List) , so let our
Durango and Ram brothers know about it as well .

Remember , the more orders we can generate , the cheaper they will be !!

Hope this is a good deal for most of us , I still think that it is .

The total price for the whole deal with the coating is $456.95 including
shipping if we get more than 10 orders . I do not think that 10 is too hard
to achieve .

You don't have to get the ceramic coating though , and they will be even
cheaper .

One side note , if anyone does confirm an order with Internet Racer's
Supply for this deal , could you please send me confirmation as well with
your name and e-mail address so that I can keep tabs on the deal and make
sure that we are getting the best possible price .

Sorry I wasn't able to get as good a deal as before , but I have had a lot
going on lately and this is a really decent price as well .

Good luck and happy buying !!

BTW - I'll post this in the group buy section of the DML homepage .

>Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:45:33 -0600 (CST)
>To: Jack Hilton III <HEMI@charter.net>
>From: netracer@accesscomm.net (Internet Racers Supply)
>Subject: Re: Group Purchases ?
>
>Hi Jack,
> Thank you for your inquiry. We would certainly be interested in working
>with the DML members. JBA recently had a price increase on their product
>line that went into effect on 12/14/98. The new price for the headers is
>$398.95. For orders of 5 or more sets of headers the price would be $355.95,
>for 10 or more sets $341.95. Ceramic coating will add $115.00 to the price.
>These prices include shipping via UPS ground in the continental US. We will
>make this offer available to those interested from today 01/04/99 thru
>01/15/98. Our Dodge truck page is currently being updated and should be back
>up in the next few days. There are many new items being listed that may be
>of interest to members of your club. Hope to hear from you soon.
>
>Thank you,
>Dennis Smith
>INTERNET RACERS SUPPLY INC.
>http://www.racenet.net
>

>>Hello -
>>
>>My name is Jack Hilton and I am one of the over 530 members of the Dakota
>>Mailing List which is located at http://www.dakota-truck.net (this URL was
>>set up so that we would have an easy to remember URL for obvious
>>purposes.The more direct and more informative original URL is at
>>http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html ).
>>
>>The Dakota Mailing List is an Internet mailing list which was created in
>>late 1995 by it's founder and current administrator , Jon Steiger; it
>>currently has about
>>530 members. The main purpose of the list is discussion about the Dodge
>>Dakota and anything else
>>related to the Dakota (or Durango & even a couple of Ram guys). There are
>>no requirements to join (you don't have to own a Dakota
>>or Durango to be on the list; many people have used the list as a part of
>>their pre-purchase research.)
>>There are no dues , no required payments to join , and no structured
>>hierarchy in the DML . We don't need one.
>>The DML is geared strongly towards performance (alot of our members bracket
>>race their trucks) weather it be 2wd or 4wd , as well as trying to cater to
>>the interests of show vehicles .
>>
>>Earlier this year , we conducted a group purchase directly from a major
>>aftermarket performance parts manufacturer . This is an area in which we
>>found that there truly is strength in numbers . I didn't get a final count
>>,but the last I heard of the buy , we had ordered over 40 units .
>>
>>I am once again doing my part to further the cause of our group by trying
>>to organize yet another group purchase on headers or any other product that
>>we would be willing to band together on .
>>
>>The way that we set up the earlier group purchase was that the product was
> [...]

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net