4.7l 8 cyl won't be out till year 2001....

From: Michael Stepka (mstepka@genesisdj.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 22:31:10 EST

I was just reading on the Daimler Chrysler Site that the 4.7 liter 8
cylinder motor that everyone though would be coming out next year, won't be
coming out till 2001, along with a new 3.7 liter V6 that will be replacing
the 3.9 V6.

Here is an excerpt from that article:
"The investments will increase capacity at the foundry with the introduction
of a new Molding Line that in addition to existing products will produce
cylinder blocks for the Company's all-new 3.7 liter V6 engine. The new
engine will be used in future Jeep(r) and Dodge Truck models, and will be
machined at a new V6 engine plant being built in Detroit."
That paragraph is the sum total of the information DaimlerChrysler has
released on the new 3.7. However, we do know that the new V6 was developed
in tandem with the new 4.7 liter PowerTech V8 used in the all new Jeep(r)
Grand Cherokee. The current 3.9 V6, 5.2 V8 and 5.9 V8 are evolutions of the
Chrysler small-block that made its debut in 1967. The new PowerTech engines
represent the future of Jeep and Dodge Truck powertrains. We probably won't
see the 3.7 liter PowerTech V6 used in vehicles until model year 2001. The
4.7 liter PowerTech V8 should show up in the Dodge Truck line around the
same time. We've found the 4.7 to be smooth, quiet, fuel efficient and
powerful, we expect to be equally impressed by the 3.7.

Just thought I pass along the information...

Mike Stepka
98 CC Sport 4x4 V6
with all the chrome accessories
www.genesisdj.com/truck.html