RE: MSD ignitions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 08:12:25 EST

Granted, it's been a little while since i've had to "SMOG" a car (back in
the BAR-90 Days), but most shops just look for the E.O. sticker. They
really don't want to get into the systems classifications (OBD-II/Non
OBD-II).

However...after I had spoken with MSD direct, the tech stated that the MSD
6A (#6470) Box for my vehicle is approved for California Emissions Standards
and Regulations. Since I now live in Texas, I really don't care about the
CA Smog Laws anymore. (We don't have any here.) Double check with MSD
direct and verify that it is actually exempt for CA on the '97 and up Daks.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
"Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the road....."