RE: *NON-DAK* Y2K

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 11:47:34 EST

Mike,
You are right, though you will get viscious agruments to the contrary. There
never was a year numbered 0, it just started out at 1 A.D., (you know, after
Christ and the dinasours and pryamids and stuff, but not in that order
) ). So in order to start a new millenium, you first have to complete the
one you are in and 2000 will be the last year of the 20th Century. 2001 will
be the new millenium.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers, DDBC

<snip>
Sorry, I'm usually pretty good about not posting non-dak stuff but this
is buggin' me.

Is it just me or am I the only one who has realized that 2000 will NOT
be the start of the new millenium? The new millenium doesn't start
until 1-1-2001 right? Today I heard Peter Jennings refer to 2000 as the
new mellenium! Someone tell me I'm right on this, I can't believe so
many people are wrong...
<unsnip>