Re: Torsion bars

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 11:53:02 EST

<< How much height can you get from raising the torsion bars? Also can you
 only do it in the front?

UMMMMMMM Torsion bars are ONLY in the front. Typicall;y, the higher you crank
up the bars the more wear and tear and stress is placed on the CV joints and
boots along with the steering parts. I cranked the front of my truck up 3/4 of
an inch, to sit almost level with the rear. I have seen some trucks, not
Dakotas, cranked up 2 1/2 inches up front. I have heard though that this much
promotes very uneven tire wear, and its also harder to maintain proper
alignment. I would say within 1 1/4 inches would be a safe front end lift that
wont eat up your CV's.
Kyle