Re: Re: Mufflers???

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 11:34:36 EST

>The ultra flo I had didn't have any fiberglass in it. Actually, it
>didn't have ANY thing in it. pure straight through pipe, w/no
>baffles of any kind.
>
>Sam '95 SLT

<snip>

The fiberglass is on the outside of the pipe, but inside the case- it helps
prevent reverb within the outside case- the straight-through pipe on the
inside is perforated to allow the sound pressure waves to escape, then
absorbed by the fiberglass... a good cutaway photo is at:

http://www.dynomax.com/page17.htm

This is looking like the muffler I'm gonna go with... they have a 30" RV w/
3" in/out pipes... should produce a nice, low exhaust note...

Gary Shook