Oil Pressure

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 14:19:10 EST

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:29:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Andrew Floyd <MrShoujo@webtv.net>
Subject: DML: Oil pressure problems

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota, 2wd, 2 door, and only recently have I ever
experienced a problem with it.
<snip>
I made a stop and put in 2 quarts of oil in my panic to make sure it
had something and got it home.

--> was it down two quarts?

<snip>

I need an answer right away, because I have no idea how much this will
be and if I can afford it. It's been the only reliable transportation
got and I really can't afford anything like a $500 job. I look forward
to any help you can provide, hopefully emailed directly to me.

Maybe your oil pressure sending unit/gauge has gone bad, maybe a poor
electrical connection. If you have overfillied by 2 quarts, frothing
may cause a reduced oil pressure. I expect your valves would be
clattering like made if you really had low oil pressure ... is you
check engine light on?

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.