Re: Lowering the front end?(Pat)

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 18:23:50 EST

Patrick Delgado wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> How did that drop arm swap go? How is the ride? Maybe that might be the way
> for me to go, I can't give up any spring travel. What did you do in the rear?
> Dr. Pat
>

> ----------
> >From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
> >To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> >Subject: Re: DML: Lowering the front end?
> >Date: Tue, Jan 5, 1999, 1:33 AM
> >

> >Peter Majka wrote:
> >>
> >> How do you lower the front end of a dak?
> >
> >Peter, I just lowered my Dak 2" in the front using Western Chassis A
> >arms. You can do it with springs alone. Check out the Sport Direct
> >Advertisment in any "truckin mag" Regards Bob Nichols

Pat, Plenty of travel in the front, but not enough in the rear, I've cut
my stock bump stops back to about 1/2" and I only have about 2" of
travel. In my opinion you need at least 3 1\2 - 4". I don't know what it
had stock, I believe near there. So thats why they have the c-notch. But
as others have pointed out, if involved in a bad accident the old
insurance company might back out and the owner may be left holding the
bag. It ain't like me to worry about that sort of thing but I am for
some reason. I think I'm gona try some air bags, for 250 bucks I figure
its worth the shot. Sure does look cool though. Regards Bob