Re: problem Attn: Swede, and any one else who might know

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 19:26:14 EST

At 04:08 PM 1/6/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>I got a problem. I was working on my truck today, trying to put in
>flourescent lights in the bed of my truck, and I heard a pop. It was a
>fuse I think, but I can't think of which one it would be. I checked them
>all. The things that don't work are my radio, hood light, dome light,
>and cargo lights. Swede, do you know what it would be? Or anyone else?
>It is really bugging me.
>
>Also, Swede, on the cargo lights, which is the power wire? One has a
>stripe on it and the other doesn't.

  You need a FSM. :-)

>I checked the fuses inside the cab and under the hood, and I can't
>figure out what one it is. Any help would be appreciated.

  Check your owner's manual. Look up "fuses" in the index, and there
should be a page there with the fuse numbers and what they protect.
Try to find a fuse that protects all the stuff that's out, then
cross reference that number against the picture of the fuse block a couple
of pages back.

                                               -Jon-