'94 baby troubles

From: khorwood@excite.com
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 20:40:44 EST

If anyone has any suggestions or cures it would be greatly appreciated.

Just purchased a 94 V6 Ext 4x2 from and elderly man who has no teenagers to
destroy dad's truck. She has only 68K's. Should be a great find! NOT

I'm from Newfoundland Canada and there is little support from my dealership
unless I flash my VISA as I haven't got extended warranty.

Just got the truck back form an annoying oil leak problem. $750 later Rear
oil seal& intake.
They also reattached a loose wire that caused the loss of my dome light,
radio, gig.(don't smoke in her), O/D, very pissed as it arced out. now I
have no rear speakers, yet I do get a pop out of them regularly as if there
is a charge release.

On to slightly larger problems.

Since it is cold here when I start off in the morning it seems that the
transmission is slipping. This only occurs for approximately 300 meters.

Any suggestions?

There is also a clunking noise that appears to come from the trans when I
take my foot off the gas and release pressure.

Any Suggestions / cures? It's time for a Trany fluid change anyway is there
any adj on an A500 trany?

I also have the famous timing chain rattle. Will this hurt her? I plan to
have it repaired this summer.

All of the above should have been repaired under the lease but they rather
cash than a warranty job.

Other than resealing the body above Ext-cab window the truck runs great and
most of all the missus loves her and wants a slight body lift. Approx 3"

Thanks for listening and any suggestions or further lookout-fors'.

This line is great. Good job everyone together we'll conquer all those who
oppose the Dak.

Forward any suggestions to khorwood@excite.com