Re: '94 baby troubles

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 15:56:55 EST

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 khorwood@excite.com wrote:

> If anyone has any suggestions or cures it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Just purchased a 94 V6 Ext 4x2 from and elderly man who has no teenagers to
> destroy dad's truck. She has only 68K's. Should be a great find! NOT

I'm running a 94 with 140,000 miles.. lemme see if i can help any..

> Just got the truck back form an annoying oil leak problem. $750 later Rear
> oil seal& intake.
> They also reattached a loose wire that caused the loss of my dome light,
> radio, gig.(don't smoke in her), O/D, very pissed as it arced out. now I
> have no rear speakers, yet I do get a pop out of them regularly as if there
> is a charge release.

when I bought my truck from a dealer the previous owner decided to cut all
the wires running from the firewall to the domelight,speakers,etc... to
the left of the brake pedel is a connector for the inside cab harness..
you might want to check that all the wires are securely attached.. as far
as the fuse for the dome light, in the power dist. box (in front of the
battery under the hood) theres a 5 amp fuse.. i've blown that about 2
times now becuase I like to install car stereos with the power on... :)

> On to slightly larger problems.
>
> I also have the famous timing chain rattle. Will this hurt her? I plan to
> have it repaired this summer.

I did my timing chain 2 weeks after I bought the truck with 133,000
miles.. there was over 2 inches of play in the chain.. it looked like it
could have snapped at any time...

?