Re: RE:97 computer

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 07:46:16 EST

<<<...I asked them about the 96 and they said that the gauges wouldn,t work
      in the 97 with the 96 computer. What about taking the computer apart
      and just using the engine management chip out of the 1996.1996 computer
      is available for 379.00 list price.anybody care to try.beyond my
expertise.
           Brian in Seattle>>>

Although this is not what I wanted to hear, thanks very much and I appreciate
your feedback. I guess this is what was meant in the Truckin article when it
said that an 'improved' version was in the offering.

The company that I ordered the '96 computer from is The Moparts Connection in
College Park, GA. The computer from them is $299.95. The site address is:

     http://moparts.com/mopartsracing/index.html

If it doesn't work out, I may decide to try some kind of fix although if it
were a simple matter, I'm sure they would have done it. It's going to be
difficult without specs. Anybody of the list knowledge in this area?

Thanks again

Bob
Burlington, Ont.