RE:Y2K Compliancy

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 12:02:57 EST

Microsoft certifes that Windows 95 and Office 95 are both Y2K compliant if you
do the following:

Make sure your hardware supports dates beyond Y2K
(set your BIOS date to 1/1/2000 and see what the machine does, if it crashes:
 get an update or a new motherboard)
Go to your "Regional Settings" in the Control Panel-
Click on the "Date" Tab
Change your "Short Date" method to MM-dd-yyyy
All Microsoft Software after the release of Windows 95 will pick up on the new
date style unless you have overridden it in your database/spreadsheets with
different formatting.

   Don't have a cow about Y2K. Make sure you have 2 days of food, water and
lighting in the month of December. Get updated banking statements on paper
near the end of the month. Any glitches in the power-grid would be solved
within two days. Banking problems might take longer but a sufficient supply
of cash for a week would probably be fine.
   The Doomsayers aren't right, those ignoring the issue aren't either. The
truth is probably somewhere in the middle of the two of them. Just be
prepared for some inconveniences, and we'll be lucky if we're all disappointed
in not having any. Most companies and organizations have backup plans so it's
an issue that most are aware of.

Shaun H.