RE: RE: R/T bedliner

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 16:14:35 EST

Jason,
If your looking for the ultimate aero package check out the Pikes Peak
challenger from Toyota... Looks like they grafted a 65 Barracuda window to
the back of the cab. doesn't even look like a truck anymore... And
seriously, Once the flow has separated off the edge of the truck's cab, your
pretty hosed aerodynamically anyhow, Tonneau or no Tonneau. The separation
layer acts as an additional chunk of cab, effectively making your little Dak
truck look like a Mack truck in the wind tunnel (Just think how big a Mack
truck must look without aerodynamics in the wind tunnel)...You need to
smoothly transition the air over the bed from the cab! The 2/3rds cover
moved to the rear starts sounding like a good initial approach with the
racing Tacoma bubble back being the ultimate for aerodynamic purposes...
.02
BKB