Hackbart: pop

From: khorwood@excite.com
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 17:33:42 EST

> From: Alan Short <ashort@flash.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: problem Attn: Swede, and any one else who might know
> Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:09:09 -0800
>
> Geoffrey Hackbart wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> > I got a problem. I was working on my truck today, trying to put in
> > flourescent lights in the bed of my truck, and I heard a pop. It was a
> > fuse I think, but I can't think of which one it would be. I checked
them
> > all. The things that don't work are my radio, hood light, dome light,
> > and cargo lights. Swede, do you know what it would be? Or anyone else?
> > It is really bugging me.
> >
> > Also, Swede, on the cargo lights, which is the power wire? One has a
> > stripe on it and the other doesn't.
> >
> > I checked the fuses inside the cab and under the hood, and I can't
> > figure out what one it is. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Later,
> > Geoffrey
> > ~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L Metallic Red~~
>
> Geoffrey, I can't help you now, but in the future, disconnect a battery
> cable before doing electrical work. I too learned the hard way. Alan S.

I put a small light in my 94 dakota on the pass. side floor. I shorted
across a wire under the console. I too lost the dome light, and radio (but
not the clock or motor in the cassette deck). If your main fuse under the
hood is the same it is a regular size 5Amp fuse (brown).

A couple of months after I lost the same thing again (including clock and
cassette deck) but this time I could find no fuse blown. But one had no
power. I had an old schematic but was afraid to touch the wires as they
were a little different. I deduced that it was a wire near the headlight
switch was let go I was right $200 later. My rear speakers came back
no-operational other than a regular static pop. Any suggestions?

Best of luck
khorwood@excite.com