Biggest Bang for the Buck

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 20:11:40 EST

Hello DML'ers.
  I'm Steve M, fairly new to the DML, but getting more excited about hopping
up my 92 CC 318. The only aftermarket goodies (other than tonneau, bugshield,
etc) currently non my truck is a Gibson 3"single exit cat-back, which I am
pleased with. I am interested in hearing some ideas about what you guys think
the biggest bang-for the buck modifications are for increasing power. I am
interested in "street" power as well as towing power, and am considering a
swap for the stock 3.55's to 3.90's in my rearend (already has the sure-grip),
a shift kit for the trans, and some under hood work (whatever is the biggest
bang for the buck), whether that is headers, a computer chip, Throttle Body
mods, or K&N setup. Current tires are goodyear 225/70's. What is the widest
tire which will safely fit on a stock 6" wheel? Is a 255/60 too wide? I'm
trying to stay close to the factory 215/75's in diameter. I had a set of
235/70's which were great, and the perfect size, but I got in a pinch and had
to buy some new ones in a hurry, so I got the 225/70's.

Eager to Learn

Steve M>