Re: RE: Y2K preperation

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 04:05:02 EST

>You have got to be kidding. Is everyone on edge about this or what. I
>suppose there will be a few issues, but, get us a break. I am just curious
>how many folks are in a tizzy about this thing. You probably watch too much
>network TV is my guess. Is there really this much of a feeling of
>insecurity out there? I am real curious now...

Hey Vlad, pretty impressive sounding intake tract on the 360...

If anything, Iīm less concerned now than I was a year ago. But then, Iīm
more prepared than I was a year ago - mentally, at least. I think itīs got
enough attention that most major systems will have just minor hiccups.
Except possibly the financial system...

>Have fun! Getting my generator picked out, and fuel for 2 months @ 2 hrs
> a day, to keep the fridge cool.

Living here in Earthquake Country, I think this is common sense for
whatever might happen. Better safe than sorry, donīt you think?

I donīt believe Gary North is right about the total breakdown of the
division of labor, but I donīt think civil unrest on the order of the LA
riots is beyond reasonable expectation. And I think thereīs a good chance
that Herr Clinton will declare martial law (which will seal his fate in the
history books). Iīm hoping for a fresh bloom of freedom after the masks
come off (if we have elections!).

Jim
ī93 4x4 CC V8