Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #135

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 12:45:25 EST

At 02:57 PM 1/7/99 , you wrote:

>if you plan on driving this in traffic, I strongly suggest that you
>rethink the mirrors. The 6x9 power mirrors are great. The truck
>you're ordering is high and long. A couple of blind spots that a
>caddy could fit into. DC traffic sucks. I can't imagine voluntarily
>taking mine into DC with smaller mirrors.

An alternative and cheap -) solution is to get small stick-on spot mirrors.
These can be found at any auto supply and even Wal-Mart has them. They are
small and unobtrusive when looking out your main mirror, but do a good job
of covering the blind spot. You will not be able to tell much detail like
what kind of vehicle it is, but you can easily tell at a glance if a
vehicle is there or not. I have the small mirrors (which are really not
*that* small) and I've found that I don't even need a spot mirror on the
passenger side. I just have a small one on the drivers side.I would
recommend trying one. They are only like a buck or so and if you don't like
it just pop it off, clean off the mirror and you're right back where you
started.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

The more you observe politics, the more you've
got to admit that each party is worse than the other.
--Will Rogers