Re: Re: Heads and Intake & T-body porting ?'s

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 13:32:11 EST

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Mark Kuzia wrote:

> 1) Has anyone out there done any porting on thier stock Magnum intake?
> I had originally planed to buy the mopar single-plane intake(after a cam
> change) but was told that it would kill low end torque. I have planned to
> get the most radical cam that will fit in the stock magnum engine. If you
> have, please e-mail me with what you did.

  Here's a post in the archives that Eric posted about porting the stock
intake:

http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/Archives/dakota/9811/2597.html

> 2) This question is directed to anyone who has ported a t-body. Has anyone
> removed the ridges at the top of the bores (the ones that are broken by the
> bolts), and how did it affect performance? Is there a reason for these
> ridges?

    Yep, the first thing I did was to get rid of those things! :-)
I believe Frank might have some flow numbers from the testing with
the Stage II TB's. As I recall, shaving off the air horns helped
flow considerably in an open element air can type environment.

                                              -Jon-