Re: POWER PULLEYS

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 09:14:43 EST

Just as an aside, I have had the pulleys on my 92 V8 DAK for about 5 years
now....

Yes, the electrical gauge drops at lights.....however, unless you are
CONSTANTLY running huge offroad lights or a winch or something like that,
this drop is NOT anything to worry about.......I have NEVER drained a
battery with these pulleys on......And I have two high power stereo amps,
driving lights, a moonvisor with lights and several more "toys" and have had
no trouble.....

You *MAY* have an electrical drain somewhere......

At 09:48 AM 1/6/99 -0600, you wrote:

>Date sent: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:17:21 -0800
>From: Antonio De Anda <adeanda@earthlink.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: Re: DML: POWER PULLEYS
>Send reply to: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>
>> Hello,
>> I am using the Jet power pullies on my 5.9 Durango. The tech told me that
>> they would give me about 8hp. Or compensate for the difference between
>> the stage I and stage II chip. I now have the stage II chip, a gift from
>> Jet...really nice people at the headquarters. I wouldnt recommend the
>> pullies. At stop lights I can watch my battery level drop. If I am not
>> on the gas it drains the battery, and you can hardly tell the difference
>> in performance. Oh yeah, they were $210. Ouch.....talk to you
>> later....stay safe.
>>

>Do you have the heavy duty electrical group (136A alternator)?
>

>|{eith R. Phelps
>krp at netnitco dot net
>
>Cat..... the other white meat.

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!