Re: darn hypertech

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 14:57:33 EST

At 05:01 AM 1/10/99 EST, you wrote:
>Okay, the power tuning module IS comming out, but only for the 5.2s and the
>5.9s. i hate hypertech. but they DO have the right to go ahead and just
>manufactor ones for the stronger engines.
>-Dester

I can understand your frustration.. Last year when I still had my V6 I
called them and was given promises of next month or within the next 60 days
for a V6 Mod. That was two years ago.. Last year I traded for a V8...

Your best bet for V6 mods is probably a custom computer... There are co.s
that do it, but its expensive. The biggest problem I see for these
companies like Hypertech is that in order to get their product out they
have to worry about EPA crap and then weigh the potential to get a return
on their R&D versus the time and trouble to get EPA approval along with how
many units they can sell...

The thing I don't understand is.. The only difference between the V6 and
the V8 is basically 2 cylinders... If your doing basic manipulation of
timing, fuel, and air mix one would think that this really isn't that big
of a deal...

IMHO: I think somebody needs to come out with a computer that you can drop
in then interface it with your PC and make your own changes... They could
sell it for about 10 times more and let the end user deal with the
outcome.. Sell it for strictly off road practices and I think you would
have a product with a "One size fits all" persona.

Who knows... When you through enough money at a problem it usually goes
away. :)
Dennis Baker, Jr.
dbaker@deltech.net
President/CEO/CIO