Help on Stereo Amps(wattage)

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 18:25:31 EST

I want to start looking for/pricing amps for my 93 Dakota 4x4 V6. I do all
the work on my Dakota(that I can), but I am not too knowledgable when it
comes to amplifying my system.
I currently have a Pioneer DEH45DH CD deck(35x4)with one set of preamp
outputs. In the doors, I have Pioneer 6.5" 2way speakers, that have a
recommended power range of 2-35 watts, with a peak handling power of 120
watts. In the rear, I have Pioneer 5x7 3way speakers, that have a
recommended power range of 2-40 watts, with a peak handling power of 150
watts. I did put all this in myself.
I need to know, what is best best power of an amp to get, so I WILL NOT
blow my speakers. I would like a 4 channel amp, so that I can power all 4
speakers with one amp. Will my 1 set of preamp outputs determine if I can
only use one amp? Would getting 2-2 channel amps be better? Also,
do amps just increase the power going to the speakers or do they also
increase the sound quality coming out of the speakers?
Thanks alot to those who can help me understand stereo amps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6