Re: I change my oil...(wasRe: Blackstone)

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 20:10:39 EST

This is a very good point- you have to take into account the use (& abuse)
the vehicle gets...

I run 6000mi between oil & filter changes because I run Mobil 1, and because
I feel my use is 'light-duty' mostly... I commute 100mi per day with minimal
traffic at 65mph, and when I drain the oil, it still looks fit for use (it's
not black, more of a dark amber color)

yes, I stand on the throttle from time to time, but over 90% of my driving
is light freeway cruising... bottom line is, do whatever makes YOU
comfortable... it's YOUR truck!

Gary Shook