just a few things

From: Geoffrey Gaskin (lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 01:30:48 EST

just wanted to say that I just installed my stockland tonneau. It
looks very clean and no visible. The lines make it look factory.
Definetly recomended.

Second, I have a rc 98 318 auto and when I stay under 60 or 2000 I
average 19 or better (my best is 20.9!) Of course, I get 14 to 15 in
town.

last, my roommate has a hypertech power programer on his 96 cheby 5.0.
 You plug it in under the dash, choose what you want it to do and it
programs your puter and saves it via your vin number so no one else
can use the unit until you un-program yours. You can set tire size
for your speedo corrections, set shift points, eliminate top speed,
and increase the redline way up.

If hypertech weren't so biased, as are most performance companies,
they would see that the dakotas are the ONLY TRUE sport trucks on the
market today. The full size cheby is by no means a SPORT truck. It
is nothing but a work truck that needs many mods to become a true
sport truck, unlike the dakota sport and R/T which are designed to go
fast, corner hard and look awesome. In fact, in motor trend ( or some
other mag) the ford full size is faster than the cheby, but most
cheby owners are so ignorant and blind, they see only what they think
there truck will do, hence needing a few good spankings by a few real
sport truck (read Dakotas)

I believe I mentioned the dyno numbers from 4-wheeler magazine a few
days ago, about the supposed 270 hp cheby only dynoing at 187. Can
you say false advertisement, or is it just a bad powertrain?

I also read in Consumer Report that the dakota was rated a best buy,
sure didn't see any gm's up there.
weew... pumpkin time

laterzzz

==