RE: Synthetics in NV3500

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 15:13:12 EST

>Well ,Type-F is for Fords , even though everyone makes it .

   Yes, but there are several million Fords for many years running around with
the same transmission fluid. The NV3500 is a manual transmission and I'd bet
that Chrysler makes nowhere near enough manuals to spec out a custom oil.
Maybe if you went to "Bob's oil refinery" and made them make just that oil it
might be cheap enough to do, but I don't think enough people change out their
tranny oil often enough to justify such a production run. Again, having seen
it many times before, that "Mopar Oil" is probably available under a common
name at any given auto parts store. Mopar just won't tell ya what it is.

Shaun H.