Re: Re: DML immaturity: was: magnum throttle bodies

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 15:21:03 EST

Let's nip this one in the bud. I, for one, do not care to see another
Jules/DML flame war. My mindset regarding the TB issue is the same as
James'. I'm getting the Bruce/Frank TB because I would like to see an
improvement, but don't want to spend the $$ to get the MP unit. I'm sure
that the polishing and other treatment that Jules provides on his TB does
provide a larger performance gain, and the extra work neccesitates the
higher cost (plus, this is his business, and he depends on income from his
sales to eat), and I'm also sure that the Bruce/Frank unit provides the
most value for those for whom performance is important, but also need to
be frugal (and they do it out of the goodness of their hearts, so the cost
is further lowered). I'm sure Jules would admit that $90 (incl. core) is
an extremely reasonable price for a TB that provides several of the
benifits that his does. If absolute maximum performance was the be-all
end-all of my existance, I would buy the MPI part. Since I have somewhat
limited funds and have other priorities, I have chosen the Bruce/Frank TB,
because of its substantial performance/$$ ratio. Let's allow everyone to
make this decision for themselves and not start attacking Jules (again)
for being in business. It's a personal thing. Let's keep it that way.

My apologies for the length, I'm just sick of all the animosity between
Jules' supporters/detractors. "Can't we all just get along?" :-)

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters