Re: Audio

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 17:00:18 EST

First off, let me say that the Infinity 8 speaker (actually 6-2 tweeters,
2 midbass, and 2 coaxial--they count these as 2 each) is just shy of
exceptional for a factory system. Only about 5-7% of vehicles (among them
the Mustang, Celica, and all Acuras) have an optional system that sounds
better, and they usually cost a lot more (the Celica's is a $2500
option!). If you're an audiophile (like me), you won't be satisfied
(hence the reason I didn't get the Infinity system). If you just want
good quality music at reasonable volume than this system is everything you
could ask for. My friend has it in his '97 RC, and he loves it. I find
it quite satisfactory, but I wanted a little more (the sign of an
addict--it's never quite good enough), so I got the base system (which by
the way sounds awful--there's no comparing it to the Infinity or an
aftermarket system) and put in my own stuff.

Basically, unless you have a very discerning taste, you will be more than
pleased with your new system (and I know you're going to love the rest of
your truck!!)

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters