Re: Spanking Grand Prix's - warning

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 17:15:30 EST

> I hear there's a bolt on overdrive pulley for those sc's to make more
> boost. Alan S.

They sort of remind me of Grand Nationals. I bet with the right boost
they could rock. Of course they could also blow the head all over the
track too if taken to far I bet. In one of my enginering classes they
showed us this movie of a guy in Sweden that makes a 1 L motorcycle engine
with a 1 inch stroke and 4 cylinders. It makes 980 Hp at 15,000 RPM.
Yes, 15 thousand. He said, it wasnt hard to make that kind of power since
he was running 65 pounds of boost into the engine through twin turbos. It
was really crazy. I bet it didnt get too good of milage. When you let
off the gas it injected gas into the exhaust manifold to burn in there and
keep the turbo spooled up. It looked cool...

Bill
'97 SS/T, with a new 1 L engine coming soon!