Re: Spanking Grand Prix's - warning -Reply

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 09:26:30 EST

If your worried about the blowerized models, then forget the blower and
compare the two. I own both a 318 Dak (92 - Air cleaner and exhaust done) and
a 97 four door non-blowerized GP. I've had my dak at the track, best time
15.62 (hot day, inexperienced driver - it'd would probably go 15.4 on a good
day), and my GP (never been on track) will put the my Dak to shame. I've seen
published nubers for the normally aspirated GP of 15.1 to 15.4.
Given the above you RT guys shouldn't worry about momma's grocery getter, but
you also shouldn't expect to easily cut her off at the red light with the
short lane on the right side either.

Normally aspirated, the GP numbers are: 200HP @ 5200, 225 ft-lbs @ 4000,
3400lbs dry

BTW - C & D did an article on the GM 3.5L replacement for the 3800 Series II.
Doesn't look good. The motor has more HP, less torque, higher redline,
marginally better city mileage, worse highway mileage. Overall the magazine
wasn't impressed.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto