Re: Audio (Dave)

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 09:28:46 EST

>Dave, Where did you mount your sub? And how does the smaller frame
Sony look ? Thanx Bob

Ok, I'll tell you now that this is kinda dumb. My sub is in a small
(.6cf) approximately cubical box that I had built for my SuperCab Ranger
(perfect fit there, my seat held it in place). I had already spent too
much money on new speakers, head unit (to replace my slowly dying Alpine),
and installation (because I'm too lazy--I mean BUSY, too BUSY to do it
myself), that I didn't want to pay to have a new box built. So I put it in
the driver's side rear seat, and belted it in. I figure nobody wants to
sit in that seat anyway (I'm really tall, and my power driver's seat takes
forever to move forward), so I'm not really losing much. It doesn't look
as nice as the rest of the system, but maybe I'll have a new box built in
a few months. The head unit looks great. They (Mark and Marty at Soundz
Plus, the only place I go for my equipment anymore) installed it with some
custom trim pieces (around the CC mounting kit), and it's flush. It looks
almost stock.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters