Re: darn hypertech(webpage)

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 14:45:02 EST

I tried twisting the distributor on my '98 (OBD II)... marked original
location, started the engine, and moved until timing light indicated 4 more
degrees advance.. I thought "great, it's that easy?" and then test drove
it... ran well, but when I checked the timing after stopping, it was back to
where it was before...

experimentation found that once the computer went closed-loop, it
compensated... but I think it does that by using a sensor that is in the
distributor- it's a flat plastic disk that is under the rotor, and there's
another part that spins with the rotor to detect phasing...

now if you could modify this disk to change the reported phasing.... hmmm..

Gary Shook