RE: Dirty

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 16:41:06 EST

Sure.... rub it in why don't you? Actually, we're in a bit of a bind right
now. Toronto has declared the second "snow emergency" in two weeks. The
mayor has called the Armed Forces and the Reserves in to help us. It's not
great out there and I'm so glad that Jason and I are at home right now and
we don't have to worry about groceries, etc. as we won't be going anywhere
until Monday (maybe?).

The last two weeks, we've had 34 inches with another 12 expected by morning.
It's not supposed to stop snowing until Sunday. The temp this morning
was -16 F with a wind chill that makes it feel like -27 F. This is very
unusual for Toronto and we're not used to this. Jason, myself and our 2
upstairs neighbors spent the day yesterday digging out our Daks in the
driveway, only to have to do it all over again tomorrow and the next day and
the next, and the next......

When we started both our Daks this morning, they made a horrible screeching
(grinding) type sound, but both started without any problems after that.
Can't say the same for the rest of the neighborhood.

Our temps will be rising and hovering around the freezing mark tomorrow and
Saturday, but we may be getting freezing rain on top of all of the snow.
This has me a bit nervous as I don't want to experience what Quebec had last
year with "Ice Storm '98". People went without power, heat and water for
almost a month in a few isolated spots. I'm jealous of you all in the
warmer climates.

Enjoy your warmth and think of us unfortunates trying to make it through.
Hey Jon Steiger! I hear it's just as bad where you are too. How are you
dealing with it?

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd