Re: New Dakota chick/ Towing Ratings.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 17:51:58 EST

Welcome Erin:
    I've got my '92 owner's manual right in front of me, and your '93 should
be the same. With the V8, auto, and 3.55 gears, the GCWR (Gross Combined
Weight Rating), including the truck, trailer, cargo, people and fluids is
9200#. Of this 9200, your truck can pull a trailer up to 5000# if properly
equipped. (Class 3 hitch).
   My '92 has the V8 and auto, and 3.55 gears, and I have pulled boat trailers
up to 4000# without trouble. The only difficulty is stopping. If you pull a
trailer over about 2500#, you will definitely want to have trailer brakes. I
have pulled trailers with and without brakes, and the ones with brakes are
much safer.

Good luck and have fun.

Steve M.