Re: MP Comp on 87 or 89 Octane

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 14:50:21 EST

So you go to your dealership about the pinging. What do they do? Pull 3 or 4
degrees of timing out of the computer! That's fine if that's what you want. I
would make sure there isn't something else causing the pinging like fuel
delivery problems, combustion chamber deposits, coolant system efficiency etc.
Another cause could be being in the wrong gear for the load.

If everything checks out fine and you REALLY just have TOO MUCH timing in your
computer, I'll trade computers with anyone that has a 97 Dak automatic. Mine
doesn't ping on 87 octane.

Dr. Pat