RE: Attn: Dak owners with K&N 14x3 cleaner. Need instal info.

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 20:52:25 EST

I used the K&N 14x3 in my '99 R/T, ah p # 1650 or somehting like that.
I went with a simple base and lid from Mr. Gasket. I choose Mr. Gasket,
cuz it has the right base profile. You don't have to beat it up, cut,
or bend anything. The front of the lid will ride the liner under the
hood just a hair, no biggy there. The other cool thing was the K&N fit
perfectly. The rest of the 14" that i saw had a had time with the
filter for some reason???? dunno. I also enjoyed having the PCV port on
the base, the rubber hose hooks right up almost perfectly. I had to
shorten the hose. I think by far if you want the 14x3 look this is
about the best you may do w/o any problems. Oh one side note you may
need to replace that Radiator hose.... I replaced mine just to have it
out of the way. I used a hose from Napa, p # 8677, it's from a jeep. I
received tons of help on this, so thanks if you're reading..... The
only draw back to my setup is the plain Jane look on the Mr. Gasket
lid.....hmm....can always buy another 14 to fit if you want dressy. I
am also considering the concept of power coating mine yellow to match
the truck???? Good Luck out there....