Re: Syclone Was: Some thoughts on R/T's, new cars

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 13:02:02 EST

David Gloff wrote:

> >>Yeah...I've seen those in my rear view mirror a few times... :)
>
> How many mods does your truck have? Those'll do low 14s stock, and I've
> got a friend with a mildly modified one (filtercharger, stall converter,
> cool air kit) that runs high 13s in high humidity on wet ground. Last I
> checked, even the R/T couldn't come close to this.
>
> David Gloff
> Computer Technician
> Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
> aolim: dgloff
> Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
> Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
> Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters

        I raced a bone stock Cyclone 2 times and won them both. 1st run was
from a roll to about 90mph. He never regained the truck length he lost
on the slow end, but he was right there. We slowed and talked back and
forth through our rolled down windows, he says let's stop and run. OK.
He power braked the turbo up and I left when I saw him get off the
brake. Off the line I had him again and kept my lead of about 1/2 truck
until we shut down at about 50mph. In his defense, he said the truck
still had original plug wires and was missing a little due to the
humidity. Not my problem. I still win. I have no doubt a Cyclone in top
condition or modified, would win against my R/T. Heck, they had to stop
makeing them because they were 1/10th faster than a ZR1 Vette in the 1/4
mile. Alan S.