Re: RE: about the paxton supercharger...others?

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (ghaushe@ichips.intel.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 16:40:06 EST

Speaking of blowers, I have spent quite a bit of time looking for a blower for
my '98 (assuming that some day I will have the money burning a hole in my
pocket to buy one), and have looked pretty thoroughly at Paxton, Vortech, and
KB....But Powerdyne has recently introduced a blower for the 97+ daks (neither
Vortech or Paxton have a "drop-in" kit for us yet as of last time I checked).
This blower is oilless, so the install is supposedly easier, and the whole
discussion of whether having a seperate oiling system, or using your engine's
oil-system becomes a moot point. The Powerdyne systems are supposedly quieter
than any of the others as well...The big question is, does anyone have any
ACTUAL experience with these units? Quality? reliability? ease of install?
power output? noisyness? cost?

Just curious.
.Geoff
98 318 4x4 CC