R/T's, Cyclones/Syclones....

From: j.ham (j.ham@CWIX.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 21:39:56 EST

DML,

    Keith Phelps replied that the 4.7 is not "all aluminum". Looking at a
show car and not being able to touch, or taste , or test, That block sure
looked like shiny aluminum, and the valve covers sure looked like Cast
aluminum. Hard too tell cast aluminum from Magnesium. Anyway It's good
information, and I still think the future has arrived.

    Another response to my race truck comment was to suggest that the
Syclone was the first race truck. An S-10 Blazer with a Buick GN v-6 is a
heck of an idea. Kind of like dropping a twin turbo 360 into a Dakota
 Shelby Prototype). But neither one seem to be around today. Hmmm....

    As to the Xtreme S-10. It seems that it will be produced for public
consumption. What is it? A basic S-10 Pick Up with a special suspension
package, and alot of plastic stick ons. Sorry, there's probably some
interior up grades as well, I didn't pay too much attention after seeing
that the engine was a stock v6.

    I think the 4 door Dakota R/T with the HO 4.7 will be my next truck. No
plastic, and functionality as well as a big helping of GO.

    Oh yeah, I'm 18 just turned 48 (yes forty eight) and I still like to get
out there and roast the skins on my 96 318. My mid life crisis car? I've got
a 220hp turbo four ready to drop into an 85 Daytona Turbo Z. I think I'll go
humiliate some Honda's.

    Thanks for the non-flamer responses. It's good to have discussions
without that stuff.

    Later... Got to get some sleep so I can drive to the California Meet
tomorrow.

Jon Hambleton, JonH