Re: Syclone Was: Some thoughts on R/T's, new cars

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 21:32:57 EST

In a message dated 1/15/99 7:14:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< I don't waste my time with the Buick GN's or the Syclones anymore...beaten
 too many of them up on the track years ago. (Sears Point Good-Guys Muscle
 Car Shootout)

 Was running low 12's @ 120MPH Normally Aspirated...No Juice, Turbo, Blower,
 Big Sail, etc.

 1976 Camaro (All seats and interior intact)
 396 CID .060" Over
 (Lots o goodies for that time)
 Best damn system ever on the vehicle was the original Holley ProJection-2
 (900CFM Throttle Body).
 Top Speed was 158.

Ummmm.lets weigh this...quiet stock Buick motor a couple of bolt ons and you
have an 11 second wheely machine grocery getter, and you have...a couple of
grand(probably more) and an obnoxios trailer queen...ahhhh I think I'll stick
with the Buicks =) and just hope this summer the R/T can give me just as much
fun!

Charles Smith
1987 Buick Turbo T(11.82@114stock moter,bolt-ons&slicks)
1999 Deep Amethist Dodge Dakota R/T